Search This Blog

Sunday, January 7, 2018

Consider the Blessings

Happy Thanksgiving to those I am most thankful for!!! 
Sending a very Happy Birthday to Uncle Doug and Sister Kami Cullimore this week

This week we saw the miracles that came after trials. We had 6 of our investigators move this week and we were heartbroken of the unexpected changes. Our mission has also had some hard things happen that has caused more heartbreak. And I have been down with some crazy migraines. Alma 10 Amulek is talking about who he/ his frinds/ riches/ reputation then says,  "Nevertheless, after all this, I never have known much of the ways of the Lord, and his mysteries and marvelous power. I said I never had known much of these things; but behold, I mistake, for I have seen much of his mysteries and his marvelous power; yea, even in the preservatiom of the lives of this people."If there is one thing I have learned on my mission it is the importance of the word nevertheless. Proceeding this word is always a promise of something better than what came before. There are always hard things that will happen nevertheless God sends miracles because he loves us! So many other good things happened this week I wish I had time to share all of them. 

Gift of Tongues 

Salvador is the crossing guard at the middle school. Sisters here use to teach him and we talk to every time we go by but have never had the opportunity to talk to him about anything gospel related. On Wednesday he asked if we could sit down and talk about Christ with him. We had the impression that we should invite the Hermanas as well. At first Salvador was a little frustrated we brought more people because he didn't feel comfortable but as he got to know them he opened up.  As Salvador was able to speak in Spanish to them he opened up so much. It was incredible to sit and watch them communicate. There was the strongest spirit and a unique bond between the 3 of them. With the limited Spanish I have picked up I was able to follow most of the conversation it was incredible to see the gift of tongues working miracles.  

A Corn Kernel 

Though I am not with our familly this year to hold my kernel of corn Ido have much I am grateful for. I am most grateful for family. Those I am directly realted to and those who have become my family. I am also very grateful for the ability to remember. To remember the love our family has, to remember the love our Father in Heaven and Jesus Christ have, and to remember the many miracles. This week searched the word remember and 444 times we are told to remember. Remember the good, the bad, the commandments, the blessings, the love, the life we have because of our Savior. Someone in church made a comment saying, "The only appropriate way to thank someone who has saved your life is to always remember them" I hope this week filled with much giving and thanks we can all remember those individuals who save us and most importantly the One who has saved us. 

I love each of you and I hope you can remember all the blessings you have this week! 
Love, 
Sister Carter 

1. Wiggle car races with our favorite investigator (he won)
2. Hermanas

3. Picking cotton in the wee hours 


No comments:

Post a Comment