Search This Blog

Saturday, July 14, 2018

9 days

Hello hello!!
This week was a combination of tennis lessons, crazy old ladies singing to us, drawing chalk on side walks, shoveling lots of chicken poop, playing jumping frogs with a sick sister, the fire alarm going off in the middle of the night, attending MLC, hearing from incredible leaders, and seeing all my mission friends one last time. 

Josh is just doing great! We asked him to read D&C 89 in preparation for our lesson and he accidentally ready D&C 88... all 141 verses.... haha he is amazing. 

I got to talk to the greatest convert, Felissa Murphy from Thatcher. It made my day to hear from her for just a few minutes! Crazy to think a year ago I met her and her kids. They are forever part of my family now. 

We killed about 60 roaches in our apartment this week. 

Things here are just so so good. I could not love my mission more. It is bitter sweet to think I only have 9 days left. Its really funny because right when I think I have the hang of things, or know how to be a missionary, I learn something I new. At our conference on Friday Elder Wakolo taught me so much. One thing I loved was at the very beginning of his training he had President and Sister Browning stand up. He talked about their sacrifice to be here, the sacrifice of their 4 kids that live here, and the sacrifices they will make the next 2 years they are here. Elder Wakolo then told us that what is on President and Sister Browning's minds is not the 4 kids with them or the 4 kids at home, but all 150 of us missionaries serving in the Arizona Tucson Mission. Elder Wakolo asked us what we have learned from President and Sister Browning. I am so grateful for these leaders who have not only changed my life but helped this mission to grow so much. I am so so grateful. What a privileged it has been to serve as a full time missionary the last year and a half. I will never be able to express how much my mission means to me. 

Love you all and I hope you are all doing great!!
Love, 
Sister Carter 


Playing jumpy frogs with the sick sisters, MLC, seeing old friends again 
4 Attachments
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment