Search This Blog

Saturday, July 14, 2018

I'm running out of pens, paper, and laundry detergent

HELLO!!!

I cant believe I only have 2 weeks left as a full-time missionary. Each week I continue to be amazed at how alive this gospel is. There are miracles around every corner. There are blessings that rain down as we live in obedience. There are hearts softening everywhere. I am so so so very grateful to see just a small part of all this in my little corner of the world. 

This week couldn't have ended better. Lemine was baptized!!... In UTAH... and Mom and Dad got to go!!! Such a special day. Lemine has taught me so much about love and serving others. I am so grateful to have met this man who has a heart of gold. A few weeks ago on splits, Sister Cooper and I met a man who wanted to meet at some tennis courts. Instead of meeting this man again we met Lemine who owns the courts. Since then its been a wild yet spiritual journey to help Lemine understand Gods path for him. Now he has made covenants with God, and you can see how alive the gospel is in him. 

I attended my very last zone conference this week. It amazes me how the answer is ALWAYS in the meeting if you come prepared to listen. I gave my departing testimony in front of 4 zones and 2 mission presidents.  I believe that was the most terrified I have been my whole mission. The feeling of wanting to throw up is finally gone though! After zone conference there was a bunch of watermelon left over so we decided to have a watermelon eating contest:)

Josh our miracle investigator is doing amazing. He has a baptism date set for June 15th, came to a baptism this week, made us breakfast at our lesson, and has the most fantastic questions. I feel so grateful to be able to teach him! 

Its been the greatest blessing to serve in this zone and work with the sisters here. I went on exchanges with Sister Cooper this week. She has the most pure heart and is always serving everyone we meet. I love learning from the other sisters because they are the best examples of Christ. 

We have mission leadership council this weekend. Elder Wakolo and Wilson of the 70 are coming to give a special training. I am excited to learn from them! Lots of exciting things these next 2 weeks. 

I hope each of you have a fantastic week! 

and I want to wish a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Aunt Eden, Cade, McKell, Tyler, and Rylee!!!!! Lots of fun birthdays to celebrate back home! 

Love, Sister Carter

pictures of the baptism, zone conference, east zone leadership and previous companions/ other sisters 
6 Attachments
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment