Search This Blog

Monday, February 26, 2018

Birthday!!


Hello!! 

First and foremost.... 
HAPPY 16TH BIRTHDAY ON THURSDAY TO THE GREATEST SISTER IN THE WORLD!!!!!! I hope it is the best day Madison:)

Not too much happened this week. We did meet Tony Stark's doppleganger. And the best part is that he is less active and has been thinking about coming to church because he wants to raise his kids in a good religion. He also taught us 9 million and 1 ways to prank other missionaries. Aparently he terrorized all the missionaries in his stake growing up... He is plotting to have us get copies of the Elders apartment keys...

In my personal study this week I found an incredible thought I wanted to share, 

 "The Lord instructs His servants to be humble because the process of being made whole spiritually begins with a broken heart. Think of the good that comes from broken things: Soil is broken to plant wheat. Wheat is broken to make bread. Bread is broken to become the emblems of the sacrament. When one who is repentant partakes of the sacrament with a broken heart and a contrite spirit, he or she becomes whole. As we repent and become whole through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, we have much more to offer the Savior as we serve Him. “Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him.”(Omni 1:26)"
-Elder Randy D Funk

A few weeks ago we sat with our investigator who finally came to church. Eagerly we waited to hear her thoughts as she attend sacrament meeting. As the sacrament prayers were said and the sacred emblems were passed she sat in shock. She could not believe the sacrament is passed each week, the respectful demeanour of the deacons, nor the reverence which takes place. It is incredible to think that the very ordinance that can heal those who are broken is available each week to those who humbly come. I can't believe how dependant I have become on taking the bread and water each week. I depend on the promise at the end of the sacrament prayers that we may have His spirit to be with us. I am dependent on being made whole through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I know that partaking of the sacrament is one of the most important things we do each week. As we are made whole we really do have more to offer as we serve our Savior. I know the power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ is infinite. I know He lives. I know he loves each of us. And I know with out a shadow of a doubt this is His work. 

I love you each and hope you all have a great week!
Love, 
Sister Carter 


Picture, we went on a fun little hike today 

No comments:

Post a Comment