Search This Blog

Monday, February 26, 2018

We Thank Thee O God!


Happy Monday!
I have officially past my YEAR mark!! I can't even begin to sum up the pure joy I have felt these last 370 days of serving our Lord. It has been the happiest, hardest, hottest, most stretching experience of my life, and I am grateful for every minute of it. 

This week was a busy one. We had Zone Conference, trainings to give, splits with some sisters and exchanges with another set of sisters. Half of the week I was spanish speaking because of aforementioned splits and exchanges. I can't say my spanish vocabulary has necessarily grown too much.... but I can say my appreiciation for the food sure has:) (Though I am still a firm believer that the Gila Valley has the best mexican food) 

Wednesday morning we got a text informing us President Monson had passed away. Sister Kennach and I went to the church to sing some hymns with the accompaniment of the piano. This brought such a peaceful spirit I will remember forever. I am so grateful for President Monson who has lead and guided us these last 10 years! I realized that A line that really hit me as we sang from Praise to the Man proclaims:
Great is his glory and endless his priesthood.
Ever and ever the keys he will hold.
Faithful and true, he will enter his kingdom,
Crowned in the midst of the prophets of old. 
Though this song is talking about Joseph Smith, I can picture the heavens rejoicing as President Monson returned to our heavenly home to greet his sweet wife and those awaiting. I am forever grateful for our beloved Prophet. Because of him and the inspiration he received I am where I am today. The day he announced the lowering of the mission age he also announced the building of the Tucson Temple. Never would I have thought that these announcements could effect me so directly and so uniquely. I know I am where I need to be and I hope I can serve as diligently as a disciple of Jesus Christ just as President Monson did. 
"Unless we lose ourselves in service to others, there is little purpose to our own lives." President Monson 
To honor our Prophet I hope you can each find a way to serve and lift someone this week!

Thank you for all your love and support this last year, I am forever grateful for each of you!
Love, 
Sister Carter 

one year celebratory fried ice cream, zone conference 

No comments:

Post a Comment