Search This Blog

Monday, February 26, 2018

hello hello!!


Another week has breezed by. We met a woman who hand makes dolls. She introduced us to her doll collection...incredible! She does everything from sculpting, painting features, to sewing clothing. We went on some exchanges with our sisters. It rained! Just as we got to the horse ranch for service the dark sky began to drizzle. It was a wonderful few hours spent outside scooping manure! Watching President Monson's funeral on Friday was such a sweet experience I wish to never forget nor the things he has taught us. One goal I have set it to come home each day and be able to say "I believe I have done some good in the world today". Never stop looking for opportunities to do good! 

So I never said much about this but at the beginning of the transfer an investigator fell in love with my companion. Its been the craziest messiest mess as we have sorted through everything with President and the Zone Leaders. Yet it has all been so spirit inspired and this man is somone who is spiritually seeking and has been lead to the Gospel at this time. 
Fast forward to last week... 
We were driving and saw a woman standing on the side of the road. We kept driving and I felt the spirit so strongly tell me over and over again that we needed to talk to her. 5 minutes down the road I got the courage to say something, after we turned around to go find her. Well our area is 90% dirt roads and she had gone off the main road down this bumpy dirt road. Now it's Sister Kennach and I chasing this lady down on a bumpy dusty road. Once we got to her we rolled down the window and began talking about the church which lead to giving her a Book of Mormon! hah it has got to be one of the more awkward situations I been in this past year!! 
Fast forward a few days... 
We find out this woman in the mans daughter!!! Heavenly Father has the most wonderful plan for this family! 

A quote I love by Elder Ballard says, "Our beloved Heavenly Father’s plan includes giving us a growing, stretching, learning, physical mortality through which we can become more like Him. Clothing our eternal spirits in physical bodies; living by the teachings and commandments of His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ; and forming eternal families allows us, through the Savior’s Atonement, to fulfill God’s goal of immortality and eternal life for His children with Him in His celestial kingdom."

A variety of situations this week have caused me to turn my thoughts and heart to the great Plan of our God. Oh how thankful I am that this life is not the end. Merely a begining. I keep realizing over and over again how loving our Heavenly Father is. He gave us this perfect plan, his perfect Son so we can one day be perfected thorugh him and live a perfect life for eternity. I love being able to share this perfect message each and every day! 

I hope you each have a wonderful week!
Love,
Sister Carter  

No comments:

Post a Comment