Search This Blog

Saturday, May 26, 2018

Chalk the block


Hello hello! I hope everyone is doing great!

Its been a good and busy week this week. Full of exchanges, new schedules, and lots of miracles. 

One of the sweet sisters that I trained in Thatcher, Sister Church, has grandparents that are non members who live in Tucson in my area. About 2 months ago Sister Church gave me their address to stop by. On Tuesday we had back to back lessons all day. We had planned perfectly, then everything fell apart. Sounds like God had a better plan for the day! By night time we had time to go visit Sister Church's grandparents. When we knocked on the door they had just sat down to rest from a busy week. Her great grandma had just passed away. We were able to talk with them, share a scripture and pray with them. It was the neatest experience to see how perfectly God orchestrated everything. And how perfectly the Spirit guides. I am grateful for a Father in Heaven that knows what we need and has miracles in the making long before we are even aware of them. 

I was biking on exchanges with Sister Miller. She is such a powerhouse missionary! We had a great day talking to so many people. But let me tell you, biking in the city is VERY different from biking in Thatcher! I saw my life flash before my eyes multiple times haha. I miss being able to bike in the middle of the road. I also forgot how hot bike seats get here after being left outside during a lesson. ah.   

Because summer will be a toasty one our schedule changed. We now go proselyting at 8 in the morning. Since most YSA are either sleeping or going to work at that time we have been going to bus stops and drawing the Plan of Salvation! On Saturday some of the Elders joined with us and we drew this big calk 'masterpiece' (according to them hah). It was a great way to strike up lots of conversations. Someone who saw it after we left has been messaging us because they loved it so much! 

During studies this morning I read a quote from the talk "One More Day" it reads, "Regardless of the time the Lord, in His wisdom, determines to grant each of us, of one thing we can be sure: we all have a "today" to live, and the key to making our day successful is to be willing to sacrifice." I love this quote! Over the last year and a half I have truly learned that sacrifice brings forth the blessings of heaven. I hope each of you can find something today that you can sacrifice to bless others in behalf of the Lord. Thank you for all the sacrifices you have made for me!! I really am the luckiest sister missionary in the world. 
I love you all so much and hope you have a wonderful week!!
Love, 
Sister Carter 

No comments:

Post a Comment