Search This Blog

Saturday, May 26, 2018

6 Weeks


Hello family and friends I hope you are doing great!! 

On Saturday I recieved my last transfer call!! I will be staying in YSA 2nd and training a new STL. Her name is Sister Williamson and this will be her second area. I dont know much about her but I hope to know more by next week:) 

This week was a crazy one. It Sister Hammonds last week which made for lots of good byes. Because of everything that happened last weekend we now have to move apartments which has made everything that much crazier! We are moving to the Elders nasty nasty apartment, and they get our luxurious 2 bathroom apartment😓We have been furiously cleaning and packing and trying to get everything done. To welcome them to their new home we pranked the whole apartment and put odd little things up. We even had a bouquet of fake flowers and a welcome basket with face masks and nail stuff haha hopefully they enjoy it

We set up a booth on U of A campus with the other YSA missionaries. We were handing out otter pops and talking with lots of people. It was such a fun time! 

On Friday we met Natalie and Yelana. They are sisters who were adopted from Russia into different families here in America. They just met each other about a year ago and now live together. They are the greatest! Natalie actually went to girls camp in Virginia with one of her best friends. Because she knows a bit about the church she has a bunch of brilliant questions! I am so excited to be teaching them!! 

In district meeting we were told a really neat story about 1% improvement. A cycling team riding in the Tour de France started making 1% improvements to each area of their lives and equipment. All of these small improvements lead to the team winning the race. We talked about all the little improvements we can make in our lives. Even just telling the Lord one more thing you are grateful for. Over time this accumulation of things builds and helps us succeed. We talked about how success is a few simple disciplines practiced every day. Failure is errors in judgement repeated every day. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is so perfect because it helps us to practice these simple disciplines every day. And living the Gospel of Jesus Christ every day is what brings us happiness. I hope each of you can find ways you can improve by 1% today! 

It feels very surreal to be beginning my very last transfer as a missionary.  I still feel like there are so many things I need to do/ learn/ become in the next 6 week. I know God still has a lot of growing and stretching prepared for me. I really love it here. I love the people we work with. The sisters we work with. I love the feeling I get every opportunity I have to testify of Christ. I know with all my heart the Gospel of Jesus Christ is good. And all good things come from God! Life is just so so good right now! 

Love you all!
Love, Sister Carter 

No comments:

Post a Comment