Search This Blog

Saturday, May 26, 2018

Snoop, SnUggle, WOofs


Snoople, snuggle, wuffs..... so this is the text our former investigators sent the elders... which pretty much describes our week. safe to say it was an odd week!

To start off on a good note... WE GOT TO EAT DINNER WITH THE ALDERS AND GEORGE! they drove from Thatcher to take Sister Hammond and I to dinner last Monday. It was the happiest night to see them again!

Earlier this week I was feeling so bad because I had an awful migraine that caused us to stay inside. This eventually caused us to go on splits with some of the other sisters that night. Sister Cooper and I were parking to do some finding when she parked in the wrong place. I jumped out to back her and a man was walking on sidewalk. After quickly saying Hi we started talking. He wanted to meet again to talk about our church and asked if we could meet the following day at the park next to the tennis courts. The next day we sat next to the tennis courts for about 20 minutes and no sight of this man....We sat on the table for a few minutes longer and watched the sunset. While sitting one of the tennis coaches came up to us. Wow wowo wow he is just an incredible man!!! He came from Africa to New York when he was a boy to go to a tennis academy. Now he teaches tennis here at the park. He is the most generous kind man. He bought us Ethiopian food and taught us some tennis. He asked us to 'convince him to be a Mormon' because he thinks it would be quite nice! While hitting the tennis ball back and forth a man came and sat down. The coach explained how he was homeless and worked for him sometimes. Turns out this man was the man who we were supposed to meet for a lesson. It was amazing to see how God is in the details!! 

Last night we had a really crazy and scary experience that shook Sister Hammond and I.  We ended up not being able to stay at our apartment and the zone leaders came to get us. Around 10 at night all 4 of us were sitting in the church building before they went home and we went to sleep at some other sisters apartment. We asked the Elders to give us blessings. I will never forget how specific the words were which came straight from God. I was promised that because of the prayers of those back home we were kept safe last night. I can't thank each of you enough for your constant support and prayers. I truly do have the greatest family in the world and I know our Father in Heaven hears every prayer. This week has been a great example to me that it really is the small and simple things that lead to great things. (Alma 37:6) This is a lesson I have learned on my mission that I can never forget! 

Know that I love you all very much!  
Love, 
Sister Carter 

oh and we get transfer calls this weekend, it will be exciting to see who my last companion will be! I am so sad for Sister Hammond to leave but we have lots of fun plans for her last week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment