Search This Blog

Saturday, May 26, 2018

Headed to the motherland!!


Hello wonderful family and friends!!
Sorry its been a while since I emailed just wanted to give a quick update, 

TRANSFERS- I will be leaving Sierra Vista. I am headed up to Tucson YSA 2nd ward!!! It will be the first time I actually get to serve in Tucson! My companion is Sister Hammond, one of the greatest sisters in our mission. She served in Thatcher right before I did<3 She goes home next transfer so I will most likely finish off in YSA. I AM SO EXCITED.

A few weeks ago we had an incredible Mission Leader Council about repentance. We started off this month with a mission wide fast asking for forgivness and rededicating ourselves to this great work.  Since then we have been doing what we call a "More Holiness' study to prepare for this Easter. I am learning so much about our Savior and his Infinite Atonement. 

Several weeks ago the Zone Leaders and us went on a road trip to go on exchanges with everyone in our zone. Because all the missionaries are so spread out in this zone this saved us miles. And it was so fun! I got to be on a bike for one day with the most incredible Hermana, we had so much fun waving and talking and what not. I especially had fun smiling like crazy as she spoke in spanish:)) 

Greatest of all was our lesson with Erin. Last week was one of the hardest weeks for both Sister Kennach and I. Everything was going wrong. And the adversary was working so hard to pull us down as individuals and as a companionship. I have never wanted to give up so badly. Sunday came around and we had our lesson with the elders investigator, Erin, that we teach up on the military base. She is just incredible. So strong. So willing. And so ready to change her life because she knows this is true. She has been praying and decided that she wants to be baptized April 14th!!!! I feel like Erin has helped me more than I could ever help her. She will forever remind me of the blessings we have from understanding that this is Jesus Christ Church restored to the earth. God is SO good. 

The past months has been a time for much personal growth.I have never had to stretch and grow in such a sort time. I will forever be grateful for this area helping me to develop a stronger relationship with my Heavenly Father and Savior.  In a talk Elder Holland said: In striving for some peace and understanding in these difficult matters, it is crucial to remember that we are living—and chose to live—in a fallen world where for divine purposes our pursuit of godliness will be tested and tried again and again. Of greatest assurance in God’s plan is that a Savior was promised, a Redeemer, who through our faith in Him would lift us triumphantly over those tests and trials, even though the cost to do so would be unfathomable for both the Father who sent Him and the Son who came. It is only an appreciation of this divine love that will make our own lesser suffering first bearable, then understandable, and finally redemptive.
After the last 3 months I can say that I now know that our own lesser sufferings are bearable, understandable, and redemptive though Christ. As a disciple of Jesus Christ I testify that He lives. He loves. And He will never leave us alone. I love being a missionary and helping others to feel of this same love. I hope these next 2 transfers I can be the disciple the Lord needs me to be. I love you all so much, thank you for every bit of encouragement you give me. Another testament that God is SO good.

I hope you each have the best week!
Love,
Sister Carter 




No comments:

Post a Comment