Search This Blog

Saturday, May 26, 2018

Its getting hot over here!


Hello!!

Happy Mothers Day yesterday to all the wonderful mothers I know!!! I am forever grateful for you!!

Skyping home yesterday was the best thing ever. I keep being reminded over and over again how lucky I am to have the most lovely family. I could never have asked for better!  

To shorten a really great long story.. last Monday we were all upset because the Elders didn't tell us we needed special cards to do our laundry at our new apartment. After putting soap all over our clothes in the washer a man in the laundry room of our complex informed us that we were out of luck. If you have ever served a mission or are on a mission you know how p-days go by and if anything gets behind it throws everything off. We had lots of grand plans for this day and were in a bad mood because we had no way to do our laundry. This nice man ended up talking with us for a while. We send him the Elders number that cover this area so he could come to church and left it at that. 
... Come Tuesday morning we get a text from Laundry Guy saying that he thought about some of the things we talked about and would like a copy of the Book of Mormon!!!! Some things got complicated with getting him the book but in the ended we started the lesson giving him the book and the Elders finished it when we had to leave. Turns out he investigated the church 5 years ago but wasn't ready. He recognized that he was ready to accept the teachings of Jesus Christ now and knew he could get over some of his little hang-ups. At that lesson, the Elders were able to set a baptism date with him!!! God really does have a beautiful plan for each of us! Even if it takes some humbling of some sister missionaries doing their laundry to help someone receive the gospel! 

Our cute Russian friends are doing better than ever! Crazy story... One of the sisters actually grew up in Virginia and went to girls camp. Her best friend that introduced her to the church knows and loves the Madsens! 

At our booth on campus this week it reached 113....😓 

Last week a member of another YSA ward was challenged to bring a friend to the devotional. The friend felt the spirit so strong and wanted to know more. We met with him this week and had an incredible lesson. He also came to church and LOVED it! Member missionary work is the best!! 

Words can't explain how grateful I am for the last almost year and a half. My mission has been the best thing of my life and the best thing for my life. I have grown and stretched in ways I didn't know I could. I am thankful for every hard day, and every good day that made them worth it:) Everything these past months have been possible because of my Savior and His love. It is the greatest privilege to share this message. I love my mission and I am so grateful for these experiences.
I love all of you and I hope you all have a great week! 
Love, 
Sister Carter 

No comments:

Post a Comment