Search This Blog

Monday, May 22, 2017

Metaphorical Moths

My Family!!!! I can’t even describe how happy yesterday was being able to talk to you and see your faces! I wanted to reach out and give you the biggest hugs. The blessings of being born into the most supportive, strong, funny, loving, generous family flooded over me. I am so BLESSED.
After being over 100 degrees last week this week dropped into the and 60's and 70's it was so wonderful!! it even rained monday and tuesday
-Last P-day we went on this amazing hike with a member in the elders ward. At one point we lost the trail and were walking up this river bed and it turned more into climbing boulders instead of hiking but it was lots of fun. And it was so pretty and green and cool weather. We were supposed to be hiking to these 'pools' they turned out to be cute little puddles
-We were at service at the farm on Tuesday weeding, harvesting carrots and planting peppers. Theres something incredibly tranquil about sitting around green plants, dirt on your hands as the sky lets little drops fall around you. So peaceful and wonderful! 
-I still haven’t gotten over how awkward/ hilarious it is when everyone is yelling at each other in spanish and you and your companion just sit there, look at each other and continue smiling. 
-WE ARE NOW OFFICIALLY ON THE RITA RANCH CRIME WATCH FACEBOOK PAGE. not only once.... but TWICE. hahah there’s a video of us and a picture of us by our car. yay for a no witnessing area:))
-Wednesday we were working with the Desert Willow young men and teaching them door approaches and how to invite people to the temple open house. On our way into the church we ran into Edgar (investigator we passed off to the YSA last week) ridding his bike home from work- what a great surprise! He then offered to come in and help with the young men. It was so cool to have an Investigators point of view as we taught the young men and heard about their challenges and successes. As we were leaving Edgar told us that, " im like a moth because im attracted to light!"
- One night this week I was trying to get my chap stick taht big huge one that happens to be the same size as my glue stick on my desk.. Yes i glued my lips instead of moisturizing them I don’t recommend trying that!
-The Henderson/ Green family: We have been working with the grandparents in this family a recent convert and recent reactivation, and their daughter who is less active and their son-in-law who is an investigator and their 3 less active kids. Yesterday they came to church all together and they were filled with light and love and the look of worry and stress was gone from their faces. We have been encouraging them to say prayers together more frequently, and in doing so miracles are surrounding this family. It is amazing to watch as they become stronger individually and as a family as they strengthen their testimony in our Savior and look to the light!
One of my favorite scriptures is found in 3 Nephi 18:20–21

20 And whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, which is right, believing that ye shall receive, behold it shall be given unto you.
21 Pray in your families unto the Father, always in my name, that your wives and your children may be blessed.
Yesterday as we said a prayer as a family over skype I felt so much love and strength from each of you. I know that I can’t always be with you but I can feel this same unity when I pray for you as well or when you are praying for me at home. I know that Heavenly Father is blessing our family as we ask Him for support, love, safety, and continued strength. And I know that through your faith He is also helping other families to be attracted to this same light. I can’t thank you enough for everything you do!

Love always,
Sister Emliy Carter 
1./2/3 last weeks hike 
4. Most lovley place  that doesnt look like it belongs in az that we found out by the farm
5/6/7 r a i n !! And some real good dancing in the rain + windy
8. Running into Edgar 





-- 
Sister Emily Carter
..............................
Arizona Tucson Mission
939 West Chapala Drive 

Tucson, AZ 85704

No comments:

Post a Comment