Search This Blog

Monday, May 22, 2017

Pro Tanto Quid Retribuamus

Hello I hope everyone had a wonderful week

Though there are no spring tulips here, this week I found out there are beautiful flowers blooming on cactus!

EDGAR:
We had dinner with a family named the Scotts and their daughter brought her boyfriend. HE IS THE MOST PREPARED PERSON I HAVE EVER MET! 
He worked at taco bell when they met and is the most genuine loving person. He even offered to teach us how to home make crunch wrap supremes... haha YES! 
He texted us with some questions before our lesson on thursday and he asked what he needs to do to be baptized and its something hes always wanted!!! Then he asked a bunch of questions about prophets and how their called, then about temples and families then about God's love for him. He kept texting us all these questions for us to answer, finshing with telling us he has never been so excited, peaceful, and curious in his life!! We are SO excited for him! He is YSA so we will have to pass him off to them soon but we get to start teaching him for now. 


Zone Conference!
We were combined with the spanish zone so lots of translating going on which made things interesting. I am so luck to have President and Sister Passey as my misison presidents, they are incredible. It will be so sad to see them leave this summer. We went over our Book of Mormon reading challenge for majority of our meeting. After lunch we went into the chapel and he called on 2 people to share  their experience with reading... and guess who was one of those people.. me! I had this feeling the whole time that i really wanted to share what i had learned and I think he had that same feeling. The topic I have been studying as I read the Book of Mormon these last two months has been 'how can my trials bring me closer to God' I cant even describe the things i ahve learned nor the gratitude I have gained for trials. God wouldnt give us anything we couldn't handle and out of love for us he sent Christ to help us walk every step of the way and even to carry us when needed. For this next month President challenged us to begin a 40 day fast. A fast from something that is keeping us from being a missionary that turns their heart and will to the Lord. I am really excited to see the progress that can come from striving to be exactly obedient and becoming the missionary the Lord needs me to be. 

This week I was studying to answer all of Edgars questions and read an incredible talk by President Uchtdorf, 'O How Great the Plan of Our God' it spoke of a time he traveled to Belfast, Northern Ireland. While there he noticed the Belfast coat of Arms "Pro Tanto Quid Retribuamus" meaning "What shall we give in return for so much?". This sunk incredibly deep into my heart. I truly have been given a tremendous amount. I am so blessed with an amazing family and life. For me to give up a year and a half of my life is hard but in return I have already been given so much. To help make a difference in even one persons life will be worth it. I love personal and I am so grateful for the opportunity we have to draw closer to our Savior and understand our roles as children of a loving Heavenly Father. 
I want to ask you all to think about this week what you can give in return for so much?


Happy Easter! I hope you all have an 'eggcelent' week;) 

Lots of Love, 
Sister Carter  


1. Last P-day a member in the Elders ward taught us how to sword fight!! Their family is really into LARPing(?) live action role playing i think its called? and they told us about these crazy battles they are preparing for.. i had no idea that was a thing! 
2. my favorite Hargreaves 
3. The sweetest Sister in the ward gave us Easer baskets!
4. my cilantro at the farm is growing so well:)))
5. pretty pink flowers 

6. cacti flowers 

No comments:

Post a Comment