Search This Blog

Monday, May 22, 2017

O How Great the Plan of Our God

HELLO 

wow such a whirl wind week I don't even know what all happened. The days are weeks and the weeks are days they say:) 

-Sister Adams and I have been running around like chickens with their heads cut off all week. Sister Drown left on Tuesday and President handed me the keys to the car and said to get to work! Luckily no accidents yet but it feels so strange to be driving after a few months of sitting in the back seat. The area is a chaotic mess and we have lots of 'house keeping' to do. We have been making calls and running around trying to get new lists for everything and set up appointments with people. I am so excited for this transfer with Sister Adams she is hard working and ready to put everything on the table!   

-On the way home the other day i was driving and i see this spider crawling on the windshield. Then it starts getting closer and closer to me im still trying to drive and focus on the road and flipping out that this spider is almost on me so Sis Adams grabs her shoe and starts frantically trying to swat at it as she smacks the steering wheel and honks the horn. Im still trying to drive and not look like we are drunk driving because there is no where to pull over and then the spider lands in my lap and Sis Adams is whacking my lap with her shoe over and over and over till it finally died hahahha

-We have some lovely neighbors who are more of the nocturnal type. they love to stay up all hours of the night and our bedroom walls touch so this week Sister Adams decided to drag our beds out into the living room and now we have this cute squished room with desks and beds and tables and such, i feel like we are 'glamping' hah:) She designated the bedroom to be our craft room! We threw all the thank-you notes, paper goods and what not into that room and only use it when we have to. Its always fun to mix things up! 

-There has been some bumps in the road with our special ops, gang banger, red neck extraordinaire investigator Donald. We had a lesson with Ray the recent convert and things did not go so well so this week President Passey is coming in to help us work out some stuff. We really want to make sure he is ready for baptism May 10th and right now we feel like that is a stretch. He is keeping all his commitments but we want to make sure this is 100% for him and that he has the best heart making this commitment. It has been really hard to back track but we have felt very strongly that this is what is best for him. 

-On the flip side of things, we had the most incredible lesson with Edgar last night about the Plan of Salvation. He set his baptism date for May 2nd. He is one of the most prepared people I ever thought I would come across. He has the biggest welcoming heart and loves his Savior. He is willing to make sacrifices to follow Christ and it has been incredible to watch his love grow. During our lesson he kept exclaiming, "this is BEAUTIFUL. I can't believe I never understood this before, but I feel like I have known this all along.' The Plan of Salvation is indeed BEAUTIFUL.

President Dieter F. Uchtdorf said, 
"... think of how you felt when for the first time you believed and understood that you are truly a child of God; that Jesus Christ willingly suffered for your sins so that you may be clean again; that priesthood power is real and can bind you to your loved ones for time and all eternity; that there is a living prophet on the earth today. Isn't that wonderful and amazing? "

I know that the Plan of Salvation is perfect, beautiful, and flawless in every way. I can't describe the joy I felt as I watched Edgar understand his role here on earth, his endless possibilities to improve because of the Atonement and for him to more fully understand why there is a temple being built here in Tucson. I love this gospel and I love the opportunity I have to help others understand that they are a child of God. 

All my love, 
Sister Carter 



1. Dad i found your favorite place!
2. Perfect treat for 100 degree weather;) 

-- 
Sister Emily Carter
..............................
Arizona Tucson Mission
939 West Chapala Drive 

Tucson, AZ 85704

No comments:

Post a Comment