Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

A God who loves us...

Hello family!! I am so grateful for each of you especially this week! The letters/ packages came exactly when I needed them the most and I cant tell you thank you enough times. 

Happy Birthday this week to two of my best friends in the whole world, Kari Ann and Annie!

I don't even think words in the english language can describe this week. It was an extremely challenging week. As our favorite ward mission leader, Brother Palmer, would say, "scratch is back at it again". I wouldn't trade this week for anything though because I have never felt more gratitude for my Savior and his infinite atonement. I know with these trials of faith and hardships miracles always follow because God loves us. That is exactly what happened this week. 

Amber: She is Felissa Murphys sister that came to live with her. She came to the Murphy's baptism last week and felt the spirit so strongly! At the beginning of this week she was pretty suborn about her religion and didn't want to hear much about our church. As the week progress she was willing to listen to the restoration. Mid lesson a situation occurred and the spirit fled the room so quickly. After a while of sorting things out and settling down emotions I felt like I needed to text the Zone Leaders and ask them to come give a blessing. Amber and Felissa didn't know I asked them to come but once the Elders showed up we were able to explain a little more about who they are as priesthood holders. I can't even explain the rest of the lesson but just know it was amazing. We were able to finish teaching the restoration and as we were Amber said, "I just felt the holy spirit tell me that everything you have said is true. I know you are the fruits of something so good. I can tell you are children of our Heavenly Father sent here to tell me this." Amber is INCREDIBLE!! After she received a blessing and the things promised to her were so specific and incredibly needed. She now has the strongest testimony of the priesthood. 
The next day we found out her husband, Kasey, works for a man in Gilbert (yay to all my friends from Gilbert!!) who gave Kasey his Book of Mormon from his mission and Kasey has been reading it for the last few weeks. He is full of questions, and his desire to learn more is so strong. Such prepared souls!!! 

Some other really happy things: 
-Hayden received the Aaronic priesthood yesterday, and Felissa, Madison & Hayden Murphy got their temple recommends!!! 
- We had a lesson at the temple with Chris, the boyfriend of my Apache mama Sister Irving. And he committed to be baptized!!!! His heart softening really has been nothing short of a miracle!
-My greenie only crashed once on her bike! And she didn't get lice from me so all is really good.
-Having Facebook is actually really cool. We can contact our Investigators every day and we also make funny videos for our recent converts to help them understand the Book of Mormon/ sing people songs and send them to them. Maybe one day you can all see your famous sock puppet movie of the Book of Mormon:) 

This week I realized how very grateful I am that we have a Heavenly Father who knows and loves us individually. He wants to bless us and he wants us to feel joy, we just have to have faith and be obedient. I love my Savior. I will never be able to adequately show my gratitude for him. I love His restored church. I love teaching the restoration and seeing people understand how beautiful Gods plan really is. I love my mission. I love my cute farm town and every single person living here!
I love each of you!
I hope you all can find the peace the gospel brings each and every day this week!
Love,
Sister Carter

1. Praying that I get to be companions with sis freeman some day
2. Deegan Murphy providing the worlds best free car wash
3. Deegan also told me I need to work on my form... haha
4. Lesson in the park
5. Felissas cutest grandparents 

No comments:

Post a Comment