Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Slipping to the Tune of June Monsoon

My dearest family and friends HELLO

It has been the best/ craziest/ exhausting/ happiest/ spirit filled/ exciting week with about one million and a half things going on I will try to keep this from being a novel, but the Lords work is just amazing and I have so many things to share!
 
-it reached.... ONE HUNDRED AND SEVENTEEN DEGREES THIS WEEK. ahhha hahah what is going on!?-Started off the week in 117 degree weather and ended it in a torrential down pour in a monsoons. The most opposites for biking weather! 

-David Archuletta was here on Saturday.. so close yet so far:)  

-The fire here has gotten so big and most of the whole mountain is on fire it is so sad, over 30,00 acres has burned. We have been hearing it will take over 150 years for everything to grow back. There are so many fire crews from all over helping and we get to talk to and thank so many of them each day- I am grateful for these hero's  willing to sacrifice so much. 

-over 125,000 people visited the Tucson Temple Open House while it was open

 - temple miracle #1
Working a the temple is just the best. I love it so SO much. We talked to the cutest girl who had so many questions. We were walking with her to the bus and i was thinking "ah this lady in my old area would be the perfect person to have this girl talk to they would be such good friends and this lady is a convert". They seemed so similar. Not 5 seconds after i turned and saw a one of the members of the bishopric from my old area and he was able to give me the phone number for the member to give to this girl- miracles! We got to talk to Sister Passey and eat ice cream tonight and i love her more and more each time we visit. 

-temple miracle #2
While working at the reception tent at the temple open house I had a lady start a pretty heated conversation with me and I was absolutely terrified. I said a quick prayer in my heart that I would know what to say. Earlier in the week I got an Ensign from Aunt Rose in the mail and had read an article from it, the exact words came into my mind and I was able to share something Elder Oaks had said. I wasn't able to completely change this woman's perspective on our church but I know those words were able to help her understand who we are and how we know we have a Prophet of God here on the earth today with disciples who can receive revelation. 

-temple miracle #3
SISTER GADD CLOGGED THE BRIDES ROOM TOILET. (And she gave me permission to share this story๐Ÿ˜Š)
Before going to the reception tent Sister Gadd and I went down to us the restroom. I was sitting in the brides room waiting for her to use the restroom and a small group of people walked into the room. One of the ladies had helped with the VIP tours and wanted to show her friends that were volunteering to help with the shoe covers. So they were waiting to see the brides room restroom and sister Gadd was in there but they were just waiting outside the door. After a few seconds sister Gadd popped her head out the door and looked at me in shock and said, "uh the bathroom cant be toured right now" and closed the door. After they left she opened door and looked at me frantically and said "THE TOILET IS CLOGGED" hahah. We were running around the basement looking in all the closets and could not find a plunger anywhere! We came back to the bathroom and were laughing so hard we didn't know what to do with our selves. We decided to say a prayer. Then went back to the same janitorial closet we had tried before and in a random drawer found a broken stick and the rubber part of a plunger!! Sister Gadd snatched it and ran back to the bathroom. After a while the toilet was unclogged! Haha we lived the miracle of the plunger! I don't think i have ever laughed so hard either 

- many many many miracles are happening each and every day. The families we are working with are doing AMAZING. We have been working so hard to continue building our teaching pool and doors and hardened hearts are opening up to us each and every day! 

BEST PART OF MY WEEK: most of the Murphy family came to church for the first time and they LOVED IT. We went to pick up the 3 boys from primary and they had THE BIGGEST SMILES on their faces, they loveeed it! ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’›I am so lucky to be a missionary at this exciting time in their lives:))

AND this man named Gabriel came up to us and bishop after church and said that he wasn't a member but wants to be baptized.... so we will start teaching him the lessons this next week!! ANOTHER MIRACLE

I was reading about Alma earlier this week and I noticed a pattern.  Alma prayed, exercised faith in God, and then took action to overcome each of the problems he faced. Sister Gadd and I made a goal this week to pray more often and specifically... and it works!! 

“It is not the usual purpose of prayer to serve us like Aladdin’s lamp, to bring us ease without effort,” Elder Richard L. Evans wrote. “Prayer is not a matter of asking only. It should not be always as the beggar’s upturned hand. Often the purpose of prayer is to give us strength to do what needs to be done, wisdom to see the way to solve our own problems, and ability to do our best in our tasks."

Just like Alma's prayers were answered I know our prayers here are being answered, to ind new investigators, and even to find a plunger! 

LOVE ALWAYS, 
Sister Carter 

Pictures
1. Our Temple
2. Sleepovers at the mission home
3. Our cute rope swing 
4. Last night it started PORING rain on our way to a lesson. When we got there we ended up having our lesson outside in the rain, sliding in the mud for a while hah.. let the monsoons begin!! 
5. My favorite family and best investiagtors ever
6. They made a home for their new turtle 
7. Yes thats says 117

No comments:

Post a Comment