Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

I "ought" above I "want"

Hello hello!! Such a good week here in blessed Gila Valley!! 

-My boys Hestin and Tucker passed their baptism interview and are getting baptized saturday!!! woot woot!!

-My souls sista Felissa Murphy and her daughter Madsion came to church again this week:)) I am so excited for them to start making changes and choices for themselves. Lots of good is around the corner

-Gabriel Jaurigue came to life as we read from the Book of Mormon this week. He was so invested in the story and just wanted to keep reading!! I got to see first hand the power of the Book of Mormon in conversion!

-We had the most AMAZING zone fireside this week by a Sister from the neighorbing stake and got to take what we learned and teach it to Nicole and Gabriel Jaurigue. We read 1 Nephi 4 and talked about how Nephi didn't want to kill Laban. In fact it didn't make sense.
    -Laban always has people surrounding him, yet he was alone at this time
    - Nephi is a good guy he doesn't WANT to murder Laban
Regardless, Nephi was SPIRIT INSPIRED and some times the things we are spirit inspired to do DONT MAKE SENSE but it is what we OUGHT to do. At the devotional Sister Napier taught us the importance between 'I ought' above 'I want'.
The things we want to do are not always what we OUGHT to do. When we learn the distinction between 'I ought' and 'I want' is when we truly learn how to align our will with Gods. It's been a grand, challenging, exciting, sweaty, exhausting, magical 8 months trying to align my will with my Heavenly Fathers, but there is nothing more beautiful in the world. Living the Gospel of Jesus Christ everyday has changed me! I am so grateful for the absolute privilege I have to serve my brothers and sisters here in Thatcher.
LOVE YOU ALL LOTS,
xox Sister Em Carter

Pictures.
1. Zone Devotional
2. twinner twinner chicken dinner
3. my Thatcher mom and dad, Melissa & Preston Alder, picked us up when we were walking in the pouring rain and took us to dinnerđź’›
4. The Hermanas moved to an apt around the cornner from us. Let the fun begin:))))
5. My Hermanas 

No comments:

Post a Comment