Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Baptisms + Bird poop + Happy 4th!

HELLO!

This week has been a great one! And an odd one as we try and adjust back to normal missionary schedule with no temple open house. The sweet Passey's left on Saturday morning and the new mission President and his wife, the Brownings arrived in Tucson. Before the Passey's left the whole mission joined in for a conference call and had a final prayer together. I am forever grateful for the dedication, service, and love the Passey's have shown me the last 6 months I've been here, they will be missed so much!

About the Brownings:
They are from Idaho. They have 4 children coming to live here with them. President Browning is the CEO of a company that manufactures mermaid tails!!! We get to meet them this week and will find out more about them! 

I learned to BE CAUTIOUS OF STANDING IN THE SHADE... it made my head a perfect target for bird poop hah (Sister Gadd is the best, she sat there and pulled bird poop out of my hair with out one complaint) 
We lots a lizard somewhere in our apartment and have been on the look out for the little guy!

BAPTISM FOR THE DEAD WITH GEORGE!! The sweetest recent convert George did baptisms for the dead for the first time on Wednesday and we got to go with him to the Gila Valley temple. He was so nervous and scared but did such a great job! He really is an angel in our lives!

Gabriel our miracle investigator is doing so well! He came up to the bishop at the gas station and told him he wanted to get baptized then we met him at church one day now we are teaching him. He has lived here his whole life and met with missionaries 5 years ago but it wasn't the right time for him. He has a firm testimony of our Savior and is teaching me more than I could ever teach him!

The Juarigue family is also doing great! They are praying to know if the Book of Mormon is true and so many little miracles are happening and we are working on helping them recognize answers from God. The other night for a lesson we were in their back yard by their horses watching the sun set over the cotton fields and it was beautiful

The cute Murphy family is doing great as well! Last night we were able to set a baptism date for Felissa the mom, the spirit was so strong and she kept telling us how right everything felt! Satan really doesn't want them to progress in the gospel so we are working extra hard with them. Their boys remind me of some of the Roberts boys and I just love being able to be around them and all the funny things they do to us sisters. One of them ordered these tiny water jell balls off amazon- 38000 of them. And filled up a giant bucket with them and had dunk contests and we are the next in line haha

Sister Passeys left us with one last thought before they left the mission,
Jacob 5: 71 And the Lord of the vineyard said unto them: Go to, and labor in the vineyard, with your might. For behold, this is the last time that I shall nourish my vineyard; for the end is nigh at hand, and the season speedily cometh; and if ye labor with your might with me ye shall have joy in the fruit which I shall lay up unto myself against the time which will soon come.
72 And it came to pass that the servants did go and labor with their mights; and the Lord of the vineyard labored also with them; and they did obey the commandments of the Lord of the vineyard in all things.

I can say its a relief to know that we do not do this work alone., because I know there is no way I possibly could. This week I have seen the Lords hand time and time again. I couldn't ask to be anything more than a servant in the Lords vineyard.

I love each of you and hope you have a great 4th of July tomorrow!!🇺🇸
Love,
Sister Carter

Pictures:
1/2 Baptisms with George!
3. The cutest Sister Beach
4. Summer fun
5. fire still burning strong 

No comments:

Post a Comment