Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Blessed

Faaammiillyyy,

Its a mission filled week for you!! Welcome home Bryce, I know everyone is so happy to have you back thank you for your dedicated example!! And JACKSON... or should I say soon to be ELDER CARTER I am so excited for you to join this great work!! Love you and praying for you espically.

This week was a faith filled absolute blessed week. THE TUCSON TEMPLE WAS DEDICATED. SO so sooo blessed!! It has be incredible to help with inviting so many to the open house, then hosting at the open house, and finally sitting with recent converts as they participate in the dedication of the temple. All I can say is BLESSED!!

Saturday we got to watch the spectacular cultural celebration with all the wonderful youth from Tucson. It was so fun to see many familiar faces pop up on the screen! The Irving/  Brown part member family came and loveeeddd the whole thing! One of the dances was missionary themed and the youth were ridding bikes doing tricks and the little Irving boys just wanted to join in so bad (they are always asking to ride our bikes like 'cool missionaries' do... more like 'sweaty smelly missionaries hah)

Then the following day we got to attend all 3 sessions of the dedication. They were all so spiritually filled and powerfully accompanied by the spirit. I really don't have words other than the whole "burning in the bosom" was a real thing. With this dedication the light of Christ that was flooding Arizona was seriously so tangible. Each time I heard the sacred dedicatory prayer I was filled with so much love for Arizona, God, and my Savior. There is a house of the lord now sitting on Tucson soil! The most humbling thing was being able to sing the Spirit of God with the entire congregation. We were sitting in the front of the chapel and it sounded like angels echoing behind us. President Uchtdorf is just an amazing man. He gave the most genuine advice saying "Temple work is work. It's not just where elderly people go to wear white! We never know how life will go, but we know one thing; the Lord loves us. We can feel of his love in this holy temple. This is a rare and sacred event to be remembered forever". 
Even though I couldn't very well express everything I felt and heard this weekend, a couple things I do know for sure are that: Jesus. Christ lives, he is our Savior, God is our loving Heavenly Father, and the spirit really does witness and testify of truth. I know my savior. I know my father. I love the temple. And these are the most precious things in the world to me. I am so grateful for this opportunity I have to be here proclaiming their name! 

I LOVE YOU all! Thank you for all you do! 
Much love, 
Sister Carter


Pictures

1) I saw Olivia and Matthew Holt today they came to EAC for a nursing thing and they both have temple reccomend and Matthew might go on a mission!!!!YAY
2) prettiest handkerchief a sister made for the dedication 
3)At District meeting this week we went outside, dug a hole, and 'Buried our weapons of war', which was anything keeping us from being obedient faithful missionaries. Pulling on the door to get back inside we realized we locked ourselves out. Of the 7 sets of missionaries every single one had left their keys inside!! Thank goodness the Zone Leaders had their phone and our awesome ward mission leader came and opend the door:)) 
4) this glorious rain had been the best biking weather😊😊
5) cutest Giana Jaurigue

No comments:

Post a Comment