Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Its the most wonderful time of year!!

Hello!! 

It really is the most wonderful time of the year!! Mostly because this whole week it was in the 80's (really and early Christmas miracle!), the cotton is starting to cover the valley in 'Arizona snow', and because we found some christmas cds and decided its about time to try them out!
We just had the greatest week filled with zone conference, fun service activities, and BAPTISMS FOR THE DEAD WITH THE MURPHYS.

When I was in the MTC I was told to picture people in white in the temple and by doing so I could love, serve, and teach anyone. Teaching, serving, and loving the Murphys came quite easy, it was the most joyous day at the temple performing work for our ancestors with Felissa, Madison, and Hayden. Felissa was so comfortable in the temple and when we went to get her baptism clothes the temple worker assumed she was endowed and asked "are you endowed?" and Felissa replied "Yeah! A little!!". I was standing behind her with a big smile trying to get the temple workers attention and let her know that Felissa was just baptized 2 weeks ago! I don't know why but it was the cutest funniest thing at that moment:)  Heaven would not be heaven with out the Murphy family. 
Last week in Sister Cullimores email she talked about a recent convert recieving the priesthood and said it best,
"it was such a testimony builder to me that baptism is not the end, but it is the START of a journey and a lifetime of righteousness back to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. So exciting!" What a promise of progression we have! 

On the down side of this week.. the lice are back:/ also there was a giant trantula in our screen door and Sister Church just stood there yelling at me to kill it. So here's me, Sister Carter, with a rock in my hand, repeatedly squashing this giant spider. oy vey

I keep being reminded of the fact that we have ordinances and the priesthood to bless us. How grateful I am for these sacred promises we are privileged to make. From baptism, to confirmation, receiving the priesthood for men, partaking of the sacrament, baptisms for the dead, endowment, and sealing. God loves us and he has provided a beautiful path for us to return to Him if we will just be obedient and follow the commandments we are given! A scripture in Ezekiel 11 comes to mind,
 "That they may walk in my statutes, and keep mine ordinances, and do them: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God." I know we are truly blessed and happy when we obey these commandments and perform sacred ordinances (Mosiah 2:41) Its these things that show our love for our Savior and our desire to follow him! There is nothing better than seeing these people I love so much in Arizona accept these ordinances and make covenants! 

Life is just really great here and hope it is at home/ where ever in the world you are! Love you all very much! 

Happy Birthday Ethan and welcome to the family little Mayra I can't wait to meet you😊

Love,
Sister Carter 

Pumpkin Carving, Zone conference, and the beautiful cotton fields! 

-- 
Sister Emily Carter
..............................
Arizona Tucson Mission
939 West Chapala Drive 
Tucson, AZ 85704

No comments:

Post a Comment