Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

GABRIEL MONTANO got baptized!!!

So much happening this week!! 
First off HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE BEST DAD IN THE WHOLE WORLD!! 
second.....CONGRATULATIONS to Blake and Jayme!! So excited to have another sister💛
Anddd congratulations to miss Hadyn for getting baptized this last weekend in Bear Lake. Im so excited for the choice you made! 

This weekend 2 of the people I got to teach got baptized! In my old area the miracle Holt family's oldest son, Matthew, got baptized and I got to skype in for part of it!
The greatest man in all of Gila Valley got baptized... GABRIEL MONTANO.
Saturday was the craziest most stressful day running around trying to plan everything. And then Gabriel almost didn't show up. He had been told satan would do everything to make himself doubt this decision and he had been good all week. Then about an hour before he was supposed to get to the church he was not going to come. He told us he  was thinking about just not showing up but he knew we would go through hell and back to get him here so he better get going or he would have to deal with us. haha theres the sister missionaries for you I guess?Anyways the baptism did happen!! It was amazing. There we nearly 90 people there. Last week we had taught a seminary class and during class Gabriel bore his testimony over the phone & invited the kids to come. So many people who had only heard his testimony one time came! He is going to be the best member missionary. In a lesson earlier in the week Gabriel looked at us and bore a sweet testimony. After he looked at me and just said thank you. I just feel the most overwhelming love for him and for my Heavenly Father letting me be here at this time to teach Gabriel. He has changed my life and made my whole mission so so worth it.

I was thinking about Ether 12:27 this last week 
"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them" 

I love that it does not say Christs grace is the same It says sufficient, meaning perfectly fitted for each person individually. If there is one thing a mission is good at, it is showing each weaknesses:) I am such an imperfect person but I am amazed at our Saviors ability to really and truly make up for all that I am lacking. I know that His grace is unique for everyone. I am so grateful for this wonderful time in my life filled with miracles and the love of our Savior and Heavenly Father!

Lots of Love, 
Sister Carter 


1. At the wedding in spirit💕
2/3. BAPTISM

Gabriel compared feeling the spirit to a monkey eating a banana after a long day or an elephant eating peanuts. So I am now Sister Monkey and sis Nichols is Sister Peanuts. His baptism gift seemed fitting 

4. Exchanges with my fav sis nuttall. Apparently we were in the same ward freshman year at BYU and had no idea...
5.I am missing being at Bear Lake this weekend with everyone but I did get to make up for it a little bit and catch some frogs with the Palmer kids out in the rain!
--
Sister Emily Carter
..............................
Arizona Tucson Mission
939 West Chapala Drive 
Tucson, AZ 85704

No comments:

Post a Comment