Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Holiness to the Lord

HELLO 

Man Satan has been working hard to get us down. These last few weeks our teaching pool has dried up faster than the desert should allow, some health problems keep getting in the way, companionship struggles and lots of discouragement persist. During this time a scripture kept popping into my head and finally this week I decided to find out what God had been trying to tell me... :)
Docterine & Covenants 100:12
"Therefore, continue your journey and let your hearts rejoice, for behold, and lo, I am with you even unto the end."
My heart is rejoicing knowing the Lord is with me unconditionaly. I know nothing can stop this work from progressing. I have already seen many miracles and I know much is in store for this area. 

Another example of the Lords love: we got to visit not one... not two... but THREE TEMPLES this week! A member drove us to Mesa to attened a session and we got to drive by the Giblert temple the same day. VIP tours for the Tucson Temple open house and we got to host on Thursday. The is no place in the world like temples. I have felt much strength and eagerness to put any of the trials we have had behind us and push forward in the work! I am so grateful for the spiritual boost Heavenly Father allows us as enter his House here on earth. 

Saturday we set up a booth at the park fair and invited HUNDREDS of people to the temple open house!! And SO many people were interested:))

Sunday night we had a special training and tour with the sister missionaries from the entire mission. I got to see President Raines there, he is the best Stake President I could ever wish for, and it was so great to see a familiar face from home! As we toured the temple, President and Sister Passey stopped all of us in the Celestial room. This experience will be one that I cherish forever as humble testimonies were born and we discussed our whole purpose as missionaries- to help an increasing number of people come unto Christ and experience the beauty, joy, and lasting happiness that comes from helping those individuals enter this Celestial room. I am SO lucky to be a missionary at this time and I cannot thank God enough for letting me serve his people here in Tucson! 


TRANSFERS!! 
I am leaving my greenie area and heading over to the Gila Valley on a BIKE FOR THE SUMMER "Called to Sweat" 

Sister Gadd from is my new companion, she just finished training and she darling! I am so excited to be her companion. Pieces of my heart will be staying here in Rita Ranch but I am excited for the adventures ahead. 

I love you all and can't thank you enough for the support you show me. 
Love Always, 
Sister Emily Carter 

1. Best District
2. High School Musical
3-6. Temple
7. the incredible Sister Webb
8. The Whites 
9. my fav Sis Freeman and soon to be companion Sis Gadd!!
10. our only boyfriend on the mission:) 
11-13. The Air and Space Museum 


No comments:

Post a Comment