Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Biking through a blowdryer

Happy Monday!!! I love you all and am so proud of Jackson and Jayme and the choices they have made to allow them to go through the temple this week, I hope it was a wonderful experience for both of you. We were working at the temple here and I was thinking about you all day! 


I learned some valuable biking lessons this week: 
1)when its 113 outside cover up your *black* bike seat when not ridding!! ill be sure not to make that mistake again! haha ahhh

and 2) always close your mouth while ridding (bugs are great protein but also nasty) 

We felt like traveling business women living out of a suitcase a few days of the week running all over. I love our road trips to the temple and am so grateful for the opportunity we have to serve with the temple department! 

Thursday morning we had our last zone conference with the Passeys😔 Sister Passey gave an incredible training on desire to serve. After we had a question and answer session. We found our President and Sister Passeys most embarrassing stories then our whole zone gathered at the mission office to tour the temple together!

I also got to see my sweet sister Spencer and talk to her about seeing the family. I love her so so much and am forever grateful for all she has done to help me as a missionary. Before getting on the bus I saw this lady standing by herself and I walked over to talk to her. Her name is Liz and she is an artist that moved to Tucson a few months ago. I got to to sit with her on the bus ride and walk through the temple with her and answer all her questions. She LOVED the temple and was so touched by the peace and beauty there. I am grateful for the experience to watch someone else experience the spirit of the temple. This is such an amazing time to be a missionary here in Tucson!! 
Sister Gadd and I got to go on our personal tour of the temple and the brides room. Each day it gets prettier and prettier. 
After a long day working at the open house we came to the mission home with a meal all ready for us!  I will always cherish these nights with all my Sisters and the Passeys so tired but laughing so hard! 

There are two locations for working the open house. One set of sisters is in the reception area answering questions after tours and the rest of the sisters are at the stake center showing the temple video and explaining the tours. The second half of the day we ran up to the temple and were in the reception area. This was the BEST! We answered so many questions and talked to so many people my voice was practically gone by the end of the night. I talked with the sweetest mom who was interested in how converts to the church can be sealed to their children and an older woman who asked many questions about the Celestial room. She was so touched and felt the spirit so strongly. I love being able to answer questions and share our beliefs constantly. Working at the temple is THE BEST!! During a bathroom break Sister Gadd and I had the chance to sit in the Brides room again. It is stunning. I could have sat there all day. 

EDGARS BAPTISM.
Edgar is amazing. He is one of the most prepared people. And he has the most genuine pure testimony. I remember a few months ago being so scared to ask him if we could teach him but I am grateful for following the prompting and getting out of my comfort zone. His sweet spirit has blessed my life! 
Edgar has been waiting so long to get baptized and knows that he is ready for baptism but more importantly he is looking towards the temple!!! Sister Gadd and I had the opportunity to share our testimonies and miracles we have seen while working at the temple!!
I was sitting next to Sister Freeman and she says we need to sing a hymn... haha oh no. So she interrupts the brother conducting and let him know the 10 sister missionaries there were going to sing the closing hymn. Directed by Sister Freeman we all stood up and sang 'I am trying to be like Jesus'. As we sang this hymn I felt all of our Saviors love for Edgar flood into the room and I felt as if angels were helping us sing. I know those in heaven are so proud of Edgars choice to be baptized! Looking at Edgar while singing I know he truly understands that his Savior loves him and by striving each day to be like Christ Edgar will find himself at the temple one day with his family! 

This week has been full of so many good things and I absolutely LOVE being a missionary!!

All my love, 
Sister Emily Carter 

Pictures: 
1. Favorite time of day
2. Zone conference
3. Sisters at the temple open house 
4.my cute companion 
5. Dinner in down town tucson
6. EDGARS BAPTISM 

No comments:

Post a Comment