Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

The Chicken Challenge

Wow what a week! We have been all over the place with transfers and investigators keeping us busy!

Monday night I got to road trip to Tucson with my favorite Sister Lund and Sister Packer. Sister Packer is going home and I am so sad to see her leave she has become one of my best friends. It started monsooning and we got to drive in the pooring rain and sing our hearts out to our missionary music and have lots of deep docterine talks:) I love my sister missionaries here! We had a big sleepover with some of the new sisters and I think they were so scared of us haha and also so tired from their long day of traveling.

My greenie!!! Sister Nichols is from Syracuse, Utah and is so sweet and has a huge testimony. Ive been wearing her out with our busy schedule and biking in this sunny weather:)) but shes just a champ and doing so great!

GABRIEL: We had an incredible lesson at the temple in the waiting room on Sister Nichols first day. Im not sure who was more terrified, her or Gabriel haha. He was stone face and wasnt saying a word for the first 25 minutes. Finally we figured out he felt the spirit so strong and didn't know what it was- he though he felt like that because he wasnt worthy to be there. Once we explained to him how the Spirit works he livened right up and was so happy and excited. He explained his feelings like coming home after being gone for a long time. How at first you arent sure of your bearings but then you ease right into things and its the most normal thing ever. We explained to him that that is exactly what our life here on earth is like. We are trying to go home to our Father in Heaven. We have to earn His respect and follow His commandments and by doing that we will feel comfortable and at ease being not only in His house but in his presence for eternity!

Mark, Adam, and Decon: Our 3 new miracle investigators! They just moved in with a part member family and we happened to call the mother of the house and invite her to come to the food bank we were working at for extra food. We got to know them, took them on a church tour, and they came to church this week! Mark showed up with a paper full of questions. We taught them the Restoration lesson in the chapel and it was one of the most powerful first lessons I have ever taught. They were each perfectly still and listening so intently. I have never felt the peace, power and truth of the first vision like I did this night. I know Joseph Smith saw God the Father and His Son. And we are the luckest people on earth to know this. I am the luckiest to get to share this with others  every day and see the light come into their lives when they understand the same truths I know!!

Other great things about this week
-We made fry bread with my favorite Sister Irving. Now I can successfully make Mexican food and Native American food:))
-I KILLED AND SKINNED A CHICKEN.
Our ward mission leader needed to get rid of a few old chickens so he had us come over and see who was brave enough to wring his chickens neck, then skin them... we passed!  
- RAIN. So many days this week it rained. One day we were biking through campus and  it started monsooning and it just feels so good to see/ feel/ smell water:)

This week was probably the first time I noticed that as missionaries and disciples of Christ we can love anybody. Each day I get to meet new people and most of them time when I meet them I just want to hug them and tell them how much God loves them and how much I love them! (the hugging part doesn't always work to great with the men hah) but it is the most exciting thing in the world to get to know these people!

"People are wonderful. Each one has a story, each something to give, each knows something interesting, something that can make your life richer." -Sister Hinckley

 Each of you are wonderful people and make my life a WHOLE LOT RICHER!! I hope you enjoy all the people you see this week:)

Lots and lots of love,
Sister Em Carter

1/2. Terrifying 
3. Love my Sister Lund amd Sister Packer 
4. Rainy day biking through campus 
5. Cute Sister Nichols in downtown Tucson 
6. June showers bring July flowers🌸 

No comments:

Post a Comment