Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Quarentine

Family!!! My heart is just so so humbled and so so so happy and grateful each week by the love I feel for each of you! and FROM each of you! I really don't know why I got so lucky to have the best people in my life!

What a week in the ATM. Actually it was probably one of the most gosh darn challenging weeks, but we still saw so many miracles! I got sicker than ive been in years, and poor Sister Nichols basically has had the black plague. The mission nurse quarantined us to our apartment. and i thought. i . was. going. to. die. Aunt Rose I have read every single one of the Ensigns you sent me:) And so many chapters of scriptures, and Jesus the Christ, cleaned and sewed so much and just done everything in my power not to go crazy. (though i really do think ive gone a little nuts???) Just wondering how soon we can get those perfected resurrected bodies? ahhah 

Sister Nichols and I both had the chance to get a priesthood blessing from Bishop Palmer and his dad our ward mission leader Brother Palmer. And wow power of the priesthood!! Our blessings were very specific and certain. This was one of the sweetest experiences for me as a missionary. These men feel like family to me and I know what worthy priesthood holders they are. The spirit in the room as they promised us things from our Heavenly Father is something I never want to forget. 

THEN Bishop Palmer announced in church we were sick and could use prayers. So many people texted us asking what we needed and after church people were constantly knocking on our door bringing us food, meds from mexico, and other sorts of magic juju. Aren't we the luckiest missionaries in the world!?

We did get to go to a few lessons this week though! They were a bit of a train wreck because neither of us could form normal sentences... HAH.... but thank heavens for bringing members!!!! I was so proud of how bold they were and doctrine based every comment was. We had great lessons with the Jaurigues, Murphy's and Irving/Brown families because of our members!

MIRACLE: Felissa Murphy and all her kids came to church!!!!! (once again our AMAZING members are so awesome and just grabbed hold of them)
Not only with the Murphys progress but also with everything this week I learned a really good lesson from Romans 5"...we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope:" After all this craziness there is much hope ahead for the Murphys and for everyone else in blessed Thatcher. I am incredibly grateful to be here right now. 

We did find out we will be a face book mission (weird) starting at the end of this month we will do online proselyting (again so weird)....
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Ryan, Ellery, Blake, Uncle Nate and Hermana Curtis!!!!!
AnD happy 1 month anniversary to Blake and Jayme!!
ANNDDD GOOD LUCK TO DAD AT LOTOJA THIS WEEK!! (I'll be biking extra fast this day for ya) 🎉🎉

Love, 
Sister Carter 

Temple trip today it was theeeee best❤❤

No comments:

Post a Comment